Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Whew! It's been an exhausting couple of days here. What with hanging out every day since Friday with the D1 class and starting orientation yesterday, I'm definitely going to have to hit the hay a tad early tonight...and treat myself to a big latte tomorrow morning.

So orientation started yesterday with a bang. It was so nice to go in recognizing a few faces already and feeling only thismuch nervous. From what I can tell, my class is very social and cool and I can't wait to get to know my classmates better. I guess I have four entire years to do that but why not get a head start before I'm jaded with school and totally burnt out, eh? We did a couple of fun things yesterday (instrument purchase! sending clinic coats away for embroidery! professional headshot!) and a few not-so-fun things (DPS officer lecturing on Ann Arbor safety! the "Library Matters" talk!). All in all, it was an exciting start to my illustrious career in dentistry. I'm a little anxious for classes to start tomorrow since my big-time-studying student hinges are a little rusty but I'm confident I'll do just fine :)

At any rate, this little tease of fall weather has subconcsiously manifested itself in my mind already. I definitely bought two new pairs of Halloween socks today in anticipation of my favorite holiday...which is an eternity of 9 weeks away. One pair is dancing skeletons and the other is witches hats and black cats. Yikes, that reminds me that I don't have a costume idea yet! Any suggestions are welcome even though I'm still sort of toying with the flamingo idea. That might just be wishful thinking, though--where am I going to find a hot pink body suit?

I'm out of things to say for now. It's time for sloppy joes and then maybe a little troubleshooting for my new wireless internet. In a few days, I'll post a special entry just to let you know that I'm blogging from my comfy bed. Have a wonderful Tuesday evening.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home