Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Two grid iron victories and a solved mystery

Well, it's been forever and a day since I had the chance to post last and I've got the numbered list and pics to show for it:

1.) We're in the eye of the storm school-wise right now. I only have three tests, a case study final paper, and a lab project due this week but I looked ahead at my finals schedule last week and felt a little sick. 9 finals starting the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I just might have to be flipping through some flash cards while I help make that pumpkin pie!

2.) The D1 IM Flag Football face-off was this past Friday when the two D1 teams played each other in the regular season. There was enough trash-talking last week to make T.O. proud and I think we were the only IM football team ever to have a crowd almost as large as a team itself complete with a foam finger (courtesy of some puffy paint and the handiwork of yours truly!). It was a great game and I'm not just saying that because my team got the W. Josh had a beautiful interception that people were talking about Monday and everyone seemed to have fun. One of our professors even showed up! We just figured out that we might meet again first round of the playoffs after Thanksgiving so this time the gloves are off. See pics below!

3.) Who's the trivia friend I can always go to in the clutch? Who did I call when I didn't know what the title Esq. stood for and who knew the answer when Josh, AJ, Sheila and myself got into a dumb fight over how long it takes to fly to the moon in a space shuttle? Emily. And she has once again saved me from countless agonizing hours of not knowing the answer to a ridiculous enigma. In her almighty wisdom, Emily figured out the snow pile conundrum with which Josh and I have recently become obsessed (see post from 10/23/05). Apparently, there is an ice rink nearby said public pool parking lot and the snow I've been seeing throughout the year, sunshine or rain, is the "snow" the Zamboni cleans off of the rink daily. Ha! What's more, Josh even made that seemingly cockamamy suggestion the first time we saw the snow pile and I dismissed it as being absurd. Needless to say, he was quite vindicated and Emily re-affirmed herself as my go-to-girl in these types of situations. Thanks, Em! :)

4.) Goooo Blue! Michigan's victory over Indiana last Saturday leaves us poised to clench the Big Ten title again on Saturday in a thrilling end-of-season game if we win against OSU (and Penn State loses). I love Michigan football! (see pics below!)

5.) My fabulous friend and much-missed roommate of yore Sheila turned 23 last Wednesday, November 9. I hope to see her very, very soon!
Happy Belated Birthday, Sheila!

Just cause you can't ululate don't mean you gotta hate! Ululululululu!

5.) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is a mere 3 days away from premiere and I'm essentially counting down the hours. I. Can't. Wait. I'm still thinking of going in costume. Would it be distasteful to go as Dumbledore? (pssst: if you wanna go opening night with me and Josh around 11:00 after the rugrats go to bed, let me know. Squeeeeaaaal!)

On that note, I should probably run and make dinner then studystudystudy. After Gilmore Girls, that is. Lorelai and Rory are finally patching things up!

Adieu!

xoxox

2 Comments:

Blogger TKP said...

Girl, I love you...you are too funny. You know what's disturbing? One of the few times in my life I've seen a strong resemblance between us is in the picture where you're wearing that mustache...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hey Sonya, I'm glad I was able to help with the snowpile conundrum. One of my favorite reading materials is mental_floss magazine, it's all about trivia ... and it sounds like something a dental school student would like! ;)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home