Thursday, January 12, 2006

I stole this from Janine's blog for a little inspiration. Enjoy!

Enthusiastic: about my new sandwich bread for lunch. Knowing that my fixins are nestled between two slices of freshly baked rosemary olive oil bread makes 12-1 the best hour of my day.
Restless: about not much. I've been keeping good so far on my plan to exercise more :)
Un-athletic: a few people from my class want to start an intramural volleyball team. My last experience with volleyball for "fun" was having the ball accidentally spiked in my face by my high school friend Kele who went on to be an All-American volleyball player at Georgia Tech and play pro in Spain. Ouch.
Happy: for a three day weekend
Determined: to stick to my New Year's goals (see post from 1/3/06)
Sad: that I have to omit the majority of dairy from my diet to keep my stomach on an even keel. Ice cream only occasionally? What kind of life is that?
Nervous (I): about this term which was referred to by an upperclassman I was assisting as "the worst kick in the teeth you'll ever get"
Nervous (II): about giving an oral presentation to a grant review committee about my proposed research project for the summer
Preoccupied: with countless things
Upset: that the Royal Shakespeare Company won't be in Ann Arbor until this fall, not February as I'd previously thought
Disconnected: from the news. Being a student again is a far cry from being an employee with enough time to read all of cnn.com, slate.com, and msn.com (including celebrity gossip!) every day
Worried: that Roe v. Wade will be overturned
Excited: about the NBA post-season. The Pistons are lookin' goooood this year!
Inspired: by Bill and Melinda Gates. After reading about their foundation (in which they are incredibly involved) and how much they believe in public health, I'm ready to get out and change the world!
Loved: by my family, an amazing boyfriend, and wonderful friends both new and old
Lucky: to attend a university I'm in love with
Silly: for wanting a tuxedo t-shirt beyond belief

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home