Tuesday, November 23, 2004

3 day workweek = giving thanks

So we're on the homestretch now and there's only one more day of this shortened work week left to endure. I'm really looking forward to going back to GR for the break. Even though I'll be home alone (insert cheek-holding scream here), Raja will be around to keep me company, I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at the Wansten house (my first ever Thanksgiving with my surrogate family), and my friend David from high school called me today to see if we could hang out over the break. Now, a high school friend of mine making an effort to get in touch with and hang out with ME has become a situation that is truly few and far between these days, save for a handful of exceptions. Needless to say, it felt nice to hear from David and I'm hoping to get to see some East Kentwooders at some point this weekend. What a coincidence as I was on the verge of tears thinking about how I've been feeling kind of friendless as of late. I guess it's just a weird dynamic being in the same city as some of my closest friends but rarely finding time when my 9-to-5 schedule intersects with their erratic, student lives. *sigh* I just hope it's not June before I know it and I have to say goodbye to friends again. Definitely a change.

Anyways, I didn't intend to be a downer tonight, I've just been feeling that way a little. I'm certainly looking forward to the next month to bring me a little holiday cheer (read: an excuse to dress up and decorate), a little time off of work (interviews, holiday parties, holiday days), reasons to celebrate (Josh's birthday on 12/4, our 5 year anniversary on 12/22) and a big trip (India!). Here's looking forward to an exciting season. I hope yours is, too :)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home