Sunday, February 19, 2006

A totally tubular weekend

Ahhh, it's late Sunday morning and I haven't done a lick of work yet this weekend. That certainly doesn't mean that I don't need to do a lick of work just that I have no regrets about having a little fun this weekend. It's been fun and relaxing.

Friday night we headed over to "professional" dental fraternity Delta Sig's first annual 80's party. The party itself was kind of a flop but it was hilarious to see everyone's outfits. The decade of neon and bold colors, shoulder pads, big big hair, and power suits was worn with pride that night. I somehow managed to score a not-found-in-nature purple prom dress complete with absurdly large bow and asymmetrical top hem line in my exact size at the thrift store. I paired it with atrocious hair and tacky earrings and made my debut. I think I had to wash my hair twice to get all of the hairspray out Saturday morning. Check out the pictures below.

Last night, my college buddies Stephanie and Emily (and their respective boyfriends Scott and Bill) came over to my place for a game night. We played Apples to Apples (a great game!) and Scene It Sports Edition. Highlights of the night were Stephanie referring to the Lord of the Rings franchise as "one giant geeky endeavor" and the George W. Bush card being played in the "profound" category of Apples to Apples. I finally had a chance to use my fondue pot with some chocolate and fruit and Emily brought a fabulous taco dip. It was nice to have a low-key evening with all of them and I'm looking forward to another game night soon!

Finally, Josh's sister Jamie leaves for Poland this afternoon where she will be spending the next 4 months studying architecture (which she studies at the University of Detroit Mercy). Josh and I are meeting up with the Wansten family to have lunch and see her off. I think this will be a fabulous experience for her and knowing little Miss Independent Jamie, it's very likely that we may never see her again once her feet touch European soil! I'm already cooking up ideas of a quick trip over to visit her this spring during our winter-summer semester break. Very unlikely, but I can dream right?

*sigh* Time to run and actually do something productive I guess. It's going to be hard getting back to the grind after a day and a half of doing absolutely nothing at all. I could get used to this! :)

Cheers!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home