Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nerd Prom

Whew. Thank goodness it's only Saturday because I haven't done a lick of work yet and it's 3:30 in the afternoon. I'm basically out of commission today after we danced the night away at last night's "Dental Prom." I, of course, wore extremely uncomfortable but beautiful shoes and plan on only wearing my unsightly Crocs for the next two days. I was a little unsure of how the night would turn out seeing as how the DJ was spinning "We'll Always Be Together" from the Grease soundtrack as I walked in at 8:45. All in all it was a good time and I'm glad I went. I've posted some pictures below for your viewing pleasure.

Also, yesterday was Social Chair-designated "Nerdy T-shirt Day" at school. It was brought to my attention that our class was probably ripe with nerdy t-shirt ownership and a morale boost couldn't hurt either since we had a difficult practical yesterday as well. I took my camera to school with me to catch some photos of said t-shirts but didn't end up taking any. Therefore, noteworthy nerdy t-shirt descriptions follow:

- (front) University of Illinois Biology Club; (back) Biology (n.) = sex, drugs, and evolution

- (front) St. Olaf Chemistry Society; (back) I'm a catalyst; let's go!

- Word to the Mothership (w/alien and planet cartoons)

- Classical Languages: the deader the better!

- (front) Got Floss? (back) UC Davis Pre-Dental Club

And those are just the tip of the iceberg! I don't even own a nerdy t-shirt which is quite surprising considering I've been involved in every nerdy organization possible since elementary school. However, equally unnerving was the shock of my fellow classmates when they discovered that my "Mathematics Pentathalon" t-shirt was purchased from the thrift store and that I was a fraud. "Sonya, how can you of all people not have a nerdy t-shirt?!" The nerve of these people!

xoxox

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

It's funny that you had nerdy t-shirt day yesterday, because I'm wearing one today. It says "Gregor Mendel. Giving peas a chance since 1856." :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home