Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well I'm back in the saddle again...

I'm not quite sure where I got the idea that spring term--affectionately referred to by students as "Prophy Camp" (in reference to dental cleaning or prophylaxis)--would basically be a picnic/ice cream social from 10 to 3 every day for 7 weeks. In reality, we were simply given our cadaver at 9 am the first day of class after an hour of lecture on skull anatomy. Talk about diving right in! I've been back in school for two days now and have already had 7 hours of lecture, investigated a human skull cavity, and practiced periodontal cleaning up in the clinic. That in addition to dance rehearsal and intramural softball practice means I've been quite the busy bee since getting back from Boston.

My weekend trip to Beantown was awesome and even though way too short, spending time with my sister was, as always, a blast. I think she had a great birthday and my plan to force my fashion sense upon her in the form of birthday presents (read: copper slouch bag, colored layering tank tops, multiple long beaded necklaces) is almost complete. Needless to say, we revelled in our wacko shared sense of humor (a pair of jumbo, neon green sunglasses was involved among other things) and even had a brush with Ben Affleck in a Harvard Starbucks! I'm looking forward to seeing her again in a few short weeks :)

Finally, I thought I'd use my weblog as further shameless self-promotion beyond its already shameless, self-promoting nature to invite all of my readers to come see me, Sara, and Shveta dance on Sunday night at the Med School's BioRhythms performance. It shall be the culmination of all of the intense hip-hop energy I've mustered for about a month now in hopes of not being publicly humiliated when the performance finally came. It should be a lot of fun so let me know if you're interested in coming.

That about wraps it up for me, folks. There are loads more I wanted to write tonight but my brain is protesting as evidenced by the lack of cohesion or even entertainment value within this post. Isn't it weird to think about the brain thinking about itself? Hmmm. Now there's an intelligent question to ask Dr. Cortwright tomorrow morning.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home