Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Rainbow tofu and window to my soul for carry-out, please

Josh and I got a good laugh at how ridiculously appropriate our take-out fortune cookies were to our lives right now:

Josh's fortune: The expert at anything was once a beginner.

My fortune: Each day, compel yourself to do something you would rather not do.

I don't think that there's a point where, as a student, you feel really ready to do dentistry on patients and this semester has been all about being pushed out of the nest. Sometimes I've tried to cling rather obstinately to my comfort zone in the simulation lab with the luxuries of plastic teeth, no blood, and no injections. In the end, it's all about learning the hard way -- being scared to screw up, maybe screwing up, and then not doing it again. I just wish screwing up didn't entail drilling into a patient's pulp chamber!

Needless to say, they're now hanging on our fridge :)

xoxox

p.s. ~ one week from this very moment I'll be in a cute party dress shakin' my groove thang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home