Tuesday, November 30, 2004

"Dirty Teeth Can Kill You"

For those of you who have spent the last few years scoffing at my interest in dental hygiene, albeit borderline obsessive compulsive, this article is for you. Fatal pneumonia? Thank God I have a Sonicare.

So my Thanksgiving holiday was nice. I was seriously giving thanks for a shortened work week and some great veggie-friendly "turkey day" fare, courtesy of the Wansten family. I must admit that I was shocked -- SHOCKED -- when the entire family tried some of the Roast Beast and even...gasp...went back for seconds! Wow. That's saying a lot for a Polish family that celebrates every holiday with the obligatory brats and sauerkraut. What a veggie I am-- I don't even know how to SPELL sauerkraut. Is that right? Hmph. At any rate, I had a nice time and the Wanstens really took care of me the entire weekend. Although Raja and I hung out, it was pretty lonely being at my Brook Trails home without my parents or my sister. Fortunately, they call me pretty frequently so it was nice to at least hear their voices on Thanksgiving. I also got to see some EK friends briefly on Friday night and I'm hoping to see a little more of them before I leave for India.

On that jet-setting note, Josh and I are heading to Philadelphia this Thursday evening for our D-school interviews at Temple University. It will certainly be a whirlwind trip with our stay in the City of Brotherly Love clocking in at less than 24 hours, but it will be nice to do it together. I'm nervous, but not as much as the first go with U of M. *sigh* I'll be happy when this whole process is over...assuming it goes the way I want it to. On the other hand, this has been a pretty exciting year for me so far and it's an incredible feeling just to have come this far. We'll see what the next few months have in store.

I probably won't have a chance to post until after I get back from Philly, so don't forget to wish Josh a Happy 23rd Birthday (jwansten@umich.edu) on 12/4 and have a wonderful rest-o'-the-week.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home