Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm back in Ann Arbor after a semi-gluttonous holiday weekend in G-Rap. Hey, I'm definitely not complaining. My mom is a Food Network junkie and far be it from me to discourage her experimentation with gourmet cuisine. She made phenomenal stuffed mushrooms, a black bean soup, a grilled veggie platter, dainty tea sandwiches, and strawberry bruschetta with powered sugar and chocolate shreddings on top. Mmmm. My food-centered weekend also consisted of lots of homemade cookies, a Cadbury's bar, a few cocktails, and Steak 'N Shake french fries. Oy. I have to seriously detox this week...and run a few miles.

All in all, my extended weekend was nice. It was sunnier than it has been in a long time despite weather reports of rain all weekend. I sunned myself on the deck a little, ran errands with my parents, lounged with my pupster, and hit the bar with some EK friends. I'm now having Monday-off-induced day dreams about bumming around once I'm done with work. My at-work partner in crime Brad is on vacation for the next two weeks (two weeks?!) so I'm stuck here wallowing in misery for a while. Only 8 more weeks to go. Yahoo!

Also, I'm feeling pretty drained lately. Pardon the ambiguity but the last few weeks or so have been incredibly emotionally draining for me. I know that I'm of no help to anyone if I'm burnt out and emotionally exhausted so I'm trying to recharge this week. I'll definitely get around to that mud mask and Josh and I are trying to plan a mini trip to Chicago in the next few weeks just to get away (and to go to Ikea!). I could use the break...and some cute new kitchen knickknacks :)

The plan now is to play tennis this evening and then hunker down for the Pistons game. Lets not even get into that.

Hasta la vista for now.

xoxox

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya! If you need some partners in crime at Ikea and someone to split the gas bill with, let me know. Bob and I are going to Chicago soon and would love to hang with you and Josh too.

6:17 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

Dude, you HAVE to check out the Chicago Diner at 3411 N. Halstead Street. It's an all vegetarian diner-style restaurant. Excellent food and in a hip little part of town. Went there last summer and had tofu gyros so good that I swore they were meat...not that meat is...good...darn it...

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you loved all the healthy stuff I made :(

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya,
What is your mom's email address? Seeing as you and tanya live so far away, we were thinking we could serve as taste testers for your mom's cooking habit. It could be a weekly or daily occurance.
Thank you very much.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home