Monday, October 17, 2005

Thoughts for the Week

1.) My Mom's cooking is the bomb (for lack of a better term). I literally walked in the door Saturday evening to piping-hot bowl of homemade vegetarian swedish meatballs and was treated to an Indian feast last night. Who does that? Fortunately, my mom. Neener neener neener. (sorry Tanya!)

2.) Of all the Michigan football games to miss, why oh why did it have to be a buzzer beater? I sold my ticket at face value a mere hour before the Penn State game to some rando guy because I knew I'd be on the road headed for GR. Josh and I actually pulled off the highway in Okemos just to listen to the last few seconds on the radio. What a game! Henne, all is forgiven. Go Blue!

3.) I simply cannot express my fury at the way women in this country are shoved into an unrealistic, cookie-cutter body type expectation. If a woman, God forbid, desires fashionable and well-cut pants from stores of the likes of Express, The Limited, or The Gap, she must be of Barbie proportions. I apologize for having a size 4 waist and being...gasp!...5'3'' but not all of us are supermodels. Josh always expresses his amazement at the women's clothing industry that has arbitrary, single-digit, one-size-should-fit-all-so-you'd-better-lose-some-weight-fatso sizes instead of the obvious and realistic waist and inseam measurements that men's pants have. I was informed yesterday that The Limited doesn't even MAKE short or long pant lengths and they have the nerve to call their pant sizes 4 regular. Hmph!

4.) As one of the Social Chairs for my class, I organized a laser tag outing last Friday as a post midterm week celebration. I was thrilled that there was a sizeable turnout and everyone had a blast (lame pun most certainly intended). To my surprise, I got the highest score in the first game out of all 21 of us beating second place by over 5,000 points! I still can't figure out how that happened but for a proponent of anti-gun initiatives, I sure am a sharp shooter!

5.) My college friends Shadi and Carrie made me feel so special last week. They both went through a lot of trouble to celebrate my birthday which meant a lot to me. I heart my Friend Marathon amigas :)

I believe that this post could go on and on but I'll end it here for now. I'll post again once I get back to Ann Arbor tomorrow about my scary practical coming up this Thursday and my Halloweeny slackerness. Only 13 more days!

xoxox

1 Comments:

Blogger TKP said...

Hey meano...thanks a lot for bragging about the food. I have to run and cook some beans for dinner.

:(

Tanya

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home