Monday, November 21, 2005

An Attempt at Profundity

I've been thinking about my friend Shadi a lot lately because her 23rd birthday is today and also because she has this personal tagline that simply says: growth...change...love...always. I don't mean to wax philosophical in my weblog but I guess that small collection of words has been on my mind lately. I've given a lot of thought recently to how much I've changed in the past 3 months, year, and 5 years--I'm finally beginning to feel as though I'm coming into myself as a young professional, a friend, a partner, and a sister/daughter. I'm trying to remember that I can neither please everyone nor can I spend my time lamenting my inability to please everyone. I can only do what I believe is right, treat every being in my world with respect and kindness, and know at the end of the day that I tried as hard as possible to be the person I want to be. I understand now that growth isn't a one-time or short-term goal, it's life. Change is the catalyst for growth and love gives us strength. Maybe it's the Thanksgiving season talking, but I'm trying to remember a little every day how fortunate I am to have so many people who love and support me, even when I am often unable to reciprocate in the ways that I'd like to. I am thankful. Thankful for growth, change, and love. Always.

Happy Birthday, Shadi!


xoxox

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have so left me with the tears in my eyes and ooh you are too sweet. no words can even describe how much what you wrote means to me and how much i love every word of your profound thoughts!!
i love you darling!!! and can't wait to see you!!!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

L-

You made me choke up pretty hard there...I feel as though I've jumped the gun and turned on the waterworks in anticipation of your yearly Thanksgiving day speech 'round the family table...

T

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home