Thursday, May 04, 2006

Spring term is in full swing and so far I've learned that it's not easy to catch a ground ball, I swing a little too early, and that I'll eventually have to choose between looking cute in a hat and using my peripheral vision to catch a ball. I haven't done much this week besides drag my sorry carcass to school between 8 and 5, play softball, and dance. Hey, I'm not complaining but my GPA might be if I keep this routine up. Actually, the first week of classes has been intense but there's also a little leeway in terms of not having to really bust tail until this weekend. Then I'll be complaining. Anyhow, I have a few quotes of the day from earlier in the week:

"Dental school patients have a special place in heaven" ~ Dr. Richards expressing his deep appreciation for the brave souls that allow us to work inside their mouths.

"Without saliva, there is nothing" ~ a grandiose statement by Dr. Mistretta, our professor of Biology of the Oral Mucosa

"Dude, this is the pits" ~ Roua, half-way through our 4 hour Orthodontic Diagnosis class this morning.

Also, I've finally succumbed to the worldwide hysteria of The DaVinci Code and picked up a copy of the book in the airport last weekend. With the large exception of Harry Potter, I'm basically a literature snob and must say that I'm struggling through most of the prose. I do, however, see how people are fascinated and engaged by the plot and I'm only about a hundred pages in. I believe firmly in reading books before movies so hopefully I'll have a chance to finish before the May 19th movie release. But judging from my extra-curricular overload of late, finding time to do fun stuff instead of school doesn't seem like it will be a problem :)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home