Sunday, September 24, 2006

You say it's your birthday...

Today is my golden birthday -- 24 years old on the 24th of September. I've tried not to get too excited this year because birthdays just aren't as fun as they used to be. For years I had a blowout sleepover party and capture-the-flag extravaganza on my birthday; these days it's more like dinner at a nice restaurant and disbelief at how old I'm getting. I heard a radio announcement the other day recruiting young people to a Detroit suburb for try-outs for the next season of MTV's The Real World. They were looking for people ages 18-24 and I was in shock for a good hour afterward that MTV officially considers my life on the border of bad entertainment. I guess it's true though; I'm sure I'd be the one turning down the bar for a good night's rest and urging my housemates not to play hookie from work again. My friend Stacy noted that when a "big night" for us is making bread, we've officially crossed the line separating young woman from adult. Oy.

At any rate, my adult friends saw to it that I had a great birthday and they took me out for dinner and drinks on Friday night (see pics below). Thanks to everyone who has called, dropped a line, or shared a cocktail with me in honor of my big day. I'll take a great group of friends and a loving family any day over capture-the-flag :)

xoxox

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home