Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Oh blogger, my dear, old friend. Its been so long since I wrote last that I had to re-enter my account info and password this time instead of simply being remembered by your server but I know you understand when my life gets too hectic to post. Sure, I forgot your birthday, didn't post on election day, didn't write rave reviews about the Royal Shakespeare Company last weekend, and haven't even mentioned The Game this coming weekend but here's a make-up post in list format. Thanks for always understanding, ol' buddy ol' pal:

1.) Election day rocked. I always feel so empowered and proud when I vote and I was more than thrilled to see the strong showing for the Dems. I feel relieved knowing that many Americans who went to the polls that day share my disappointment and dissatisfaction with the current leadership. I watched the returns until midnight and went to bed with a far different feeling than 2 years ago (see post from 11/3/04). Here's hoping for an even bigger win come November 2008.

2.) My parents came in to town last weekend for a fantastic performance of Julius Caesar by the Royal Shakespeare Company. We made a day of it and had lunch before and coffee afterward. Noteworthy quotes from the afternoon:

"I mean, what's the point of having kids? There's no ROI, man." - my Mom, referring to the return on investment (or lack thereof) of having kids that she rarely sees anymore

"Et tu, Zanzibar?" - my Dad, cursing our restaurant of choice for lunch before the show which was unexpectedly closed


3.) #1 Ohio State vs. #2 U of M. BIG game this Saturday. I'm hoping for a national title rematch, whatever the outcome. Go Blue!

4.) As always at this time of year, I can't WAIT for Thanksgiving. Mashed potatoes, soy turkey, and stuffing...oh my! I'm seriously looking forward to the break from school, some Netflix movies, maybe a haircut, and time with my fam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sonya, three things:

1. Excellent use of a Lionel Richie song.

2. Are you going to be back in the 'Wood over Christmas break at all? We need to get together soon. It has been too long.

3. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home