Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hi bloggers. I'm back. Let me catch you up to speed:

1.) Three cheers for my Mom being back in the States. My Daddy and I picked her up from the GR airport on Monday afternoon and although exhausted and jet-lagged, she certainly didn't hesitate when we suggested a greasy American pizza lunch buffet on the way home. I'm glad she's back :)

2.) UM graduation was this past Saturday and I celebrated by having dinner with Carrie and Libby and then a few drinks at their house where Stephanie (now with an M.P.P.!) later joined us. I'm thrilled for all of my newly-graduated friends and am hoping that I'll be able to see them frequently where ever their adventures take them. I'm already banking on a trip across the pond sometime soon (wink wink, Carrie!)

3.) In devastating news, the Village 4 second-run movie theater has officially closed for business. I inadvertently discovered this as I was looking up movie times in hopes of catching a cheapie last weekend. Needless to say, I was on the verge of tears. Josh and I spend so much time seeing mediocre movies there, particularly during the summer months, that we don't know what to do with ourselves now. To add insult to injury, Josh insisted on driving past it that evening simply out of disbelief. What he found was a blank marquee outside of the theater and a loose leaf sheet of notebook paper hastily taped to the front door upon which was scrawled: "Village Theatre is out of business closed." Oh the humanity!

4.) I am perpetually feeling exhausted. I'm not sure if I'm not getting enough rest now that I'm working out more or what but I always feel heavy-legged and droopy-eyed. To make matters worse, I am a horrible sleeper. Every night I wake up a few hours into my "sleep" and realize that I've been half awake the whole time. Or I either toss and turn all night, get a sore shoulder from sleeping with my arm under the pillow, have nightmares, or something else. I can't even remember the last time I had a good night's rest. I might have to resort to doing my Yoga for Relaxation video before bed again or something.

5.) Free pizza tonight at Dominick's from 7-10 for grad students. I'm definitely an honorary grad student since all of my friends are and I'll actually be one in four months, right?

I just lost about a quarter of my post and am beginning to slip into my post-lunch food coma. I think I'll end here even though there was a lot more I wanted to write. I'll get back to ya.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home