Tuesday, April 19, 2005

When the cat's away...

I've been the only one in the lab so far this week and with the exception of some initial feelings of loneliness yesterday morning, it has been fab-U-lous. It's not that I'm not doing my usual workload, it's just that the incubation periods during which I usually desperately attempt to appear busy have been--dare I say it?--somewhat relaxing. If my P.I. (research supervisor) knew that was the case, she'd flip. Too bad my fun n' freedom ends after today.

At any rate, it's absolutely gorgeous outside today and I fear that I'm becoming spoiled by this unusually nice Michigan April. I'm thinking about picking up some new rollerblades this week; I've seen some great deals at MC Sports but will most likely shop around a little before I make any big purchases. Josh thinks Dunham's will be a good shot as they "always seem like they're teetering on the brink of going out of business." We'll see.

I think I'm heading over to Arbor Brewing Company this evening to celebrate the last day of classes with the School of Public Health students. One of the student groups of which AJ is el presidente has organized a little end-of-semester extravaganza at ABC complete with appetizers and fountain drinks (woo-hoo!). Per AJ's executive order, Josh and I are honorary SPH students and are invited to come tonight....and who am I to turn down a presidential mandate (or free snacks)?

Finally, today is Ben and Jerry's Annual Free Scoop Day until 8pm so head on over to any B&J and pick up some free ice cream. Props to Carrie for reminding me...via text message, which I NEVER get. I was waaaay excited (about the message AND the ice cream).

xoxox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sonya, I am excited that i was able to remind you about free scoop day...and excited that you liked my text message. Sounds like you have been having a good time slacking some at work this week..fun fun. Ran into Had tonight at Charlies ( i officially hate that place too!) Anyway, hope you enjoyed your free icecream.. i sure did!
Talk to you soon.
-Carrie

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home