Friday, April 15, 2005

Hip hip hooray! It's sunny, it's Friday, and things have definitely been looking up for me this latter half of the week. I had a great day yesterday. I:

1.) Had a long and very productive chat with the owner of our rental company. He completely empathized with our situation regarding our immature neighbors to the north and has taken appropriate action.

2.) Had sushi. I'm only ever truly in the mood for sushi when it gets above 60 degrees outside so having it yesterday was sort of like a springtime celebration for me.

3.) Saw the Groove show. Groove is an undergraduate percussion performace group whose show I saw last year and liked a lot. This time I took Josh to see the Stomp/Blue Man Group-ish show. It was fun and they tossed neon necklaces into the audience like the overpriced ones parents never buy for their kids at carnivals and fireworks shows.

4.) Bought these hilarious vegetarian buttons from local, independent designer Henrietta Fahrenheit in Nickel's Arcade. One says "Steak is Wack" and the other says "Veggies are Dope." Ha! I had a good laugh about those and definitely picked up pairs for myself and my sister.

5.) Was looking around in Border's before the Groove show and picked up Jonathan Safran Foer's new novel, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, read the first two pages, and in a very uncharacteristically-Sonya move, decided to buy it then and there and read it. It was then that I noticed another woman grab the same book and run excitedly upstairs. I had heard clapping earlier but just wrote it off as some up-and-coming rando author doing a book signing. Josh and I finally ventured upstairs to find out it was none other than Jonathan Safran Foer himself doing a reading. I was thrilled. Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay and get a copy signed so I'm planning on going back today to pick up a signed copy.

Whew! A lot of excitement for one day...and it isn't even the weekend yet! You know, I never truly valued the feeling of a weekend until I became a 9-to-5er--these days the thought of two completely uninterrupted days to do whatever I please (one of which will be 70 degrees!) brings me to a state of profound bliss. Actually, I don't think using the term nirvana would be an overstatement.

Happy Friday :)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home