Monday, April 11, 2005

I haven't been around much lately no thanks to Comcast -- our cable and internet have been down since Friday and I must admit that I'm getting antsy not being able to check the weather and my bank account every morning. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

At any rate, last week was perhaps one of the worst I've had in a while. I ended up staying late at work three different days (including Friday), I missed Gilmore Girls on Tuesday, and to make a long story short, we had to call the cops on our ridiculously loud neighbors at 2:15 am Friday. Being immature and drunk, they retaliated at 4 am by jumping VERY loudly and dropping heavy objects on our ceiling. I didn't get to sleep until after 4 and woke up at 6:20; needless to say, I was quite cranky on Friday. I could keep going with the complaints since the neighbor situation has (unfortunately) since escalated, but I'm pretty tired of thinking about it at the moment.

In a more optimistic vein, I had a nice weekend. I'm thrilled that the weather is getting nice and I certainly got to enjoy it a little bit. Friday night Josh and I listened to an astronomy professor give a talk on large stars (like the sun) and their impact on the universe. We then went to the Angell Hall Public viewing night and planetarium show put on by the U of M Astronomical Society. Yay! I love space and it was fun to see Saturn, Jupiter, and binary star systems through the telescopes and the current spring constellations over Ann Arbor at the planetarium. We also ran into Emily and her boyfriend Bill which was a pleasant surprise :)

On Saturday, I headed out to Northville to watch my Daddy play--or should I say dominate--in his table tennis tournament. The Calcutta Kid did not disappoint and he ended up winning both the singles AND doubles competitions! I have some great action shots to post later so keep an eye out for those. It was fun to watch my Daddy play and I can see why he's a pseudo-legend; maybe he should've gone easy on them so they invite him back next year! The rest of the weekend I just enjoyed the sun and hung out.

Monday is now officially over and I think I'll be hitting the hay. I'll probably e-ruminate about hopeful plans for a Eurotrip for this summer (and the impediments I'm facing!) in my blog tomorrow so check back then. Have a great week.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home