Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hiya bloggers. Long time no see. Basically the weekend, the sunshine, and my post-Daylight Savings Time malaise have kept me quite busy these past few days. Here's a quick update:

1.) My circadian (Latin for "around the day"-- brilliant!) rhythm sure has taken a beating this week. Perhaps it's just my imagination, but "springing ahead" one hour seemed to do a few days' worth of damage. Hopefully I'll realign by tomorrow. It doesn't really help that the concept of Daylight Savings Time has always eluded me (in addition to time zones, the stock market, and lunar eclipses for that matter), so not only am I dreadfully tired, but I don't really understand why I'm dreadfully tired! Oy!

2.) My fortune cookie from dinner at Szechuan West last Friday read: You will always possess a charm and sense of humor that attracts others. Yay! :D

3.) I spoke with both my Mom and sister at length today for the first time in a while. I'm excited for my Mom to be back in the States in a few short weeks and it felt so nice to speak with both of them. Hopefully I can get some quality Palit-time in before I hit the books in August.

4.) I chronically buy shoes a half size too small. I'm just now realizing that all but two pairs of my shoes are the wrong size. No wonder I love wearing flip flops so much. I can't afford to replace my entire shoe collection (and how am I supposed to simply get rid of my red Chuck Taylors?!) but I think I'm doing some serious pedo-damage here. What to do?

5.) My father, Bobby "The Calcutta Kid" Palit, will be playing in an Indian table tennis tournament this weekend and Josh and I are gearing up to see the man himself in his element. Although I've shockingly never seen TCK in action before, legend has it that he plays a mean game of ping pong...barefoot. I'll definitely be posting pics.

6.) CBS's made-for-TV Elvis movie airing May 8th? I'm there.

7.) I've recently become quite addicted to online shopping. Never having been a fan before, I'm just now realizing that indefinable thrill of expecting and later receiving a package. In my defense, I'm not purchasing any big ticket items and my shopping is strictly of the most non-addictive variety (meaning non-Ebay). I'm not going to lie, though, and pretend that my little heart doesn't skip a beat when I track my packages online.

8.) Finally, my family and I are deeply saddened at the news of ABC newscaster Peter Jenning's diagnosis of lung cancer. I've literally watched World News Tonight almost every single weeknight (and most weekends) with my family since as far back as I can remember and Peter Jenning's mellifluous voice and careful delivery have become so comfortable and familiar to me that it throws off my entire day when a replacement anchor steps in. I truly hope that his battle with cancer is short and victorious. For me, this is just a somber reminder of how rampant cancer is and how important and applicable research like that which I am doing truly is.

*sigh* Well, I'm all numbered-listed out. Sweet dreams tonight.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home