Wednesday, March 30, 2005

P.S. ~ I'm vacillating about what to do here. I'm currently spending somewhere between $25 and $30 a month on coffee and closer to $40 during the harsh winter months. I know that's not a great habit but don't judge. Anyhow, Starbucks is currently having their annual Home Brewing Sale and I am seriously considering buying my own espresso machine for next year. Starbucks even gives thorough in-store demonstrations on how to use the equipment and make your favorite Starbucks drinks (Almond nonfat latte! Nonfat peppermint mocha!). I definitely wouldn't buy one from Starbucks ($399--I don't think so), but even if I do buy a cheaper one and then have to buy the espresso and the milk and the flavored syrups, I can't figure out if it's worth it. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger cate said...

Ian has an espresso machine and it's wonderful. As far as straight up cost-benefit analysis goes, think of all the time you will save by making your espresso drink at home. Also, you won't be using Starbuck's paper cups (and thereby saving a tree!). And the syrups last a looooooong time, so they are not a very large expense.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home