Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately so here are some notes and a few quotes from the past few days:

1.) My Dad (albeit a few years too late) has recently become fascinated by and obsessed with Google. I admit that it is indeed worthy of all of its praise; however, one can no longer have a casual disagreement with the man without him suggesting a cyber duel. When I didn't believe him that telephone cable was laid on the floors of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans in order to achieve transoceanic telecommunications, we Googled it and got this website in .29 seconds (Dad - 1, Sonya - 0). Google was also on hand when Dad didn't believe Mom's claim that Sikkim was indeed an Indian State (it is but previously was independent--a tie). I shudder at the tought of my Dad Googling for statistics on the strength of the U.S. Dollar the next time I ask to borrow 20 clams.

2.) An exchange with Emir, my 8 year-old Bosnian, know-it-all neighbor:

Me: Wow, that's a fancy new bike, Emir.
Emir: Yeah, I know. It cost $140.
Me: $140? I don't even think I have $140!
Emir: *pause* That's a nice boat over there (looking at our neighbor's driveway).
Me: Yeah, that is a nice one.
Emir: That cost $17,000.
Me: Ah, gotcha.


3.) I saw this website in a news article on cnn.com yesterday. It's called "Little Miss Matched" and sells unmatched, zany colored and patterned socks in odd-numbered packages (available in 3 socks, 5 socks, etc.) to encourage girls to be creative, expressive, and distinct in the way they dress. How cute! I'm seriously considering buying a pack of 5 since I always lose an odd number of socks every time I do my laundry!

4.) After talking on the phone with my sister:

Me: I miss Tanya.
Mom: Tell her to come home. Enough research is enough.
Me: Mom, on this Mother's Day I'd like to thank you for always being so supportive of our goals and dreams.


5.) Much to my delight, Josh and I picked up lattes from a drive-thru Starbucks Sunday night in Okemos. I couldn't possibly be happier about this and can only pray that one comes to Ann Arbor. I can't even count how many times we've teamworked our way to a Starbucks fix by running in while the other circles the block. Hooray for an even lazier way to drink overpriced coffee!

That's it for now. Have a great afternoon :)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home