Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Slump Day

1.) Fall break was a tease. In retrospect I'd almost rather not have had it because I think it'll take me a while to get the gears turning agin. During those 4 days, I was reminded of what it feels like to be well-rested and adequately nourished. Now I'm back to reality which basically means that a.) I'm stressed for our big practical tomorrow and 4 tests next week and b.) I just ate a Frosty with mix-in M&M's.

2.) I've decided that I just can't take living in this apartment building anymore. It's a shame because I love the apartment, the location is perfect, I really don't want to move again, and I was actually planning on staying here all 4 years of school. Unfortunately, a rent special for this fall drove all of the undergrad riff-raff my way and I've had to endure countless hours of headache-inducing bass, idiots racing up and down the stairs at all hours, and even some drunk party-goers tearing a phone book to shreds and scattering the pieces ALL over the building. I'm simply too old for this now. See why I'm openly ageist?

3.) I was definitely on a roll tonight thinking up Halloween costumes during dinner. I've been feeling pretty down about my lack of festiveness for my fave holiday so far this year (all of my decorations accidentally ended up in GR) but rest assured that I'll try to play a little catch-up this weekend. At the very least I'll get a pumpkin for the apartment and get my costume together. And some goodie bags maybe. And some apple cider and pumpkin donuts. A new pair of Halloween socks couldn't hurt either...

4.) I got two new pairs of glasses. One pair is simple and professional and I'll probably wear them when I see patients. The other pair is red and retro and my Mom picked them out. The lady is hip, what can I say?

My brain just suddenly snapped off and I think it's time to hit the hay. I'll leave with a quotation from Halloween's two biggest fans:

Tanya: Okay, I know it's been done before but why don't you just be a bunch of grapes?
Me: Tanya! God! That is so unoriginal. I might as well just be a witch then.
Tanya: Only in our sick, sad world is being a bunch of grapes for Halloween considered unimaginative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home