Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ho hum

It's been an uneventful weekend and I have a pretty uneventful week to look forward to. The only non-studying highlight of my weekend was a class whirlyball outing that Trevor and I planned for yesterday afternoon. For those of you unfamiliar, whirlyball is a combination of basketball and lacrosse played in bumper cars. Whirly Ball of Ann Arbor describes it as a cross between basketball and Jai-Alai; I'm feeling much too lazy and provincial to look up the latter so lacrosse should suffice. At any rate, one can rent out the entire room for an hour at a time and two teams of five players each try to score points by firing the ball at a hole cut in a basketball backboard. It turned out to be great fun and I'll post a few action shots in the days to come...and by "action" I mean pics of my classmates in a 6-bumper car pileup in a corner with no idea how to manuever their bulky vehicles out of the mess. Good times, I say.

I must admit that this January is flying by which is a good thing considering January is my least favorite month of the year. At least it's been sunny and relatively warm for a few days now (even though I have trouble enjoying those types of days because of my incessant worry about whether or not the kooky weather patterns are a result of global warming.) Another good thing is that Pride & Prejudice just hit the cheap movies this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to coerce Josh into taking me sometime this week. Maybe I'll trade him the Super Bowl for Jane Austen :)

Have a wonderful week.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home