Tuesday, June 13, 2006

T minus eight days and counting...

One week and one day from this very moment I will have officially completed my first year of dental school. A part of me feels like I've already put in enough work for the entire four years and another part of me feels like we just began! I'm compiling pictures from my classmates of our first year of D-school for a slideshow that we can all watch at lunch this Thursday. Some pictures are of tailgates, others of Spring Break, and others still are of the first day many of us met each other at a picnic. It's hard to believe I've only known these folks for 10 months considering how close we've grown. It's been a good year :)

Here are a few noteworthy items on my mind recently:

- IKEA shopping with my parents last weekend was really fun. I didn't make any major purchases but did write down a list of the big-ticket items I plan to pick up in 4 weeks or so. Come visit me at the end of the summer and sit on my new couch pictured here:


- I miss my sister a lot. She's quite ill in India right now and I wish I could cheer her up a little. She's been in my thoughts a lot lately.

- I got new rollerblades this past weekend and they're basically begging me to take them out of the box and hit the pavement. Unfortunately, my professors think otherwise since I've got 7 exams between now and one week from now. I will need some 'blading buddies after that, though, so let me know if you're interested!

- I saw the new Disney/Pixar movie Cars on Saturday night. It was clever and cute and I enjoyed it. I also cried quite a bit at the "inspirational" part. It's certainly not unusual that I cried but the extent of my crying was significantly greater than usual. After the movie, the following exchange ensued:

Me: I'm sorry I'm such a sap.
Josh: Oh, don't apologize. You're very empathic. That's one of the things I love about you.
Me: But empathic about cartoon cars?
Josh: Well. They were very realistic.


Wish me luck on the next Diet-Coke-and-latte-fueled 8 days. After that, school is truly "oooooouuuuut fooooor the summa"!

xoxox

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

you two are hil-arious! good luck with all your exams.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beware of The Master's advise. "I would extend myself for you to have an extra key to the lab, so that you can research thru all the free time you have", summer might be in, school might be out, but The Task Master is here for ever. Make your own judgement call.
Love,
MamaSita

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home