Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Summa, summa, summa-time

Ahhh, summer has arrived: pedicures, ice cream, the NBA playoffs...and that was just this past weekend! I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and the weather was impeccable--the perfect mixture of fun, sun, a little studying, and good food. I barbequed at Delt Sig Friday night, canoed and watched movies Saturday, studied Sunday and spent the day with the 'rents on Monday getting babied. We've officially passed the half-way point for spring term and even though the humidity this week has been stifling, I'm certainly not complaining. Summer vacation is so close I can taste it...and it tastes a lot like a chocolate-vanilla twist with sprinkles from Dairy Queen!

I don't have any set plans for the summer besides working on my research project in the lab at the D-school. The Summer Research Program through which I am funded is chaired by one of the most laid-back, glib professors at the dental school who suggested Dominicks, a popular outdoor sangria restaurant, and the golf course as good places to meet with our mentors to discuss our projects. Hopefully, my mentor will adopt a similar attitude this summer and although I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sharing a quart of sangria with her, I wouldn't mind working, say, 30 hours a week? We'll see, though--a lot of my buddies are sticking around A-squared so fun shouldn't be in short supply after 5 pm, anyway. Besides my ground-breaking oral cancer research, a few tenatively planned summer activities for 2006 are as follows:

- class Cedar Point trip on June 23rd
- weekend touring wineries with the Bevs and anyone else who is interested
- camping
- East Kentwood girls' weekend (camping? Chicago?)
- weekend up at Frankemuth/Birch Run outlet mall

I'm sure I'll cook up some more plans in the next few weeks too, it's just an issue of actually getting around to them! That and reading the 5 million + books on my to-read list before August. And finding a new apartment. And moving. Oy, I'm getting stressed out thinking about my stress-free summer plans! I'll leave it at this point before I start wishing we had a summer semester!

Cheers :)

xoxox



p.s. ~ Go Pistons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home