Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If they don't win it's a shame...

So I'm sweaty and coughing up a storm right now and I made it home from our softball triple-header (a tie and two losses) just in time to watch my Pistons lose for an unprecedented third time in a row to the Cavs. I can't say that I'm feeling fantastic but I can say that 1.) softball opening night was ridiculously fun, 2.) Pistons are goin' to work Friday night and we're gonna win 2 straight because this is our year, and 3.) I gotta get me some Vick's Vaporub stat.

As if the aforementioned isn't Debby Downer enough, I'm starting to seriously bum out that my sister is leaving for India for the summer on Friday. Even though I've sadly become used to only seeing her once every 4 months, there's always that psychological something that tugs at my heart strings when she leaves to go abroad. I know she'll have a great time and I'm planning on stocking up on phone cards in a big, bad way this weekend. *tear

At any rate, a few happy thoughts of the day are:

1.) I was re-elected today as our class social chair. Sure, I was unopposed but that's usually an implicit sign that the incumbent did a satisfactory job, right? I try very hard to get to know everyone and plan activities in which everyone can participate. Next up on the docket: karaoke, indoor rock climbing, and a screening of The Sandlot as movie night.

2.) The forecasted thunderstorms eerily held out tonight until the last second of the last inning of our last game. We think it was G.V. Black--the "grandfather of modern dentistry" and our team's namesake--smiling down upon us. We could've used a couple of W's too, G.V., but we'll take no rain.

3.) No mumps! 'Nough said :)

Time to slather my decolletage with something, anything containing menthol. Recently I was getting a spa treatment done and the aesthetician mentioned she'd be massaging my decolletage and asked if I was alright with that; I momentarily panicked but then decided that I was confident and liberal enough to let someone massage my weird-French-sounding-whatever-it-was. Why can't they just say "neck line"?

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home