Wednesday, July 05, 2006

addendum

Two things I forgot in my earlier post; one makes me happy, the other bums me out.

Happy
The successful launch of the space shuttle Discovery yesterday. Everything seems to be intact and I heard on NPR yesterday that NASA is planning 13-16 more launches for the shuttle before it retires in 2012! I wish so much that I could be an astronaut. Can you imagine the soul searching that would be inspired by seeing the Earth, everything you've ever known (or thought you knew), from space or the moon? *sigh* Que increible.

Bummed Out
Ben Wallace, arguably the face of Detroit Pistons basketball, has signed to play for the Chicago Bulls. Now, I know that this will probably be the last contract Ben gets (he's 32 years old and in the NBA, that's approaching retirement...hmph) and Chicago offered him a great deal. I'm sure Ben also left on wonderful terms from the Pistons and their quick signing of another big guy suggests that Ben tactfully let the team know he was planning to leave. It's just that the Pistons are doing something right by playing selfless, tough, team basketball rarely seen in the NBA now and Ben basically embodied that philosophy. Frankly, I'm devastated.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home