Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One dollar, Bob!

I'm half-expecting the forever-young Bob Barker to walk into my new apartment any minute with that long, skinny microphone of his and offer me either a collection of exercise tapes or a trip to Holland. The last 5 days have been a whirlwind of physical labor and showcase showdown-worthy acquisitions. Not only did I move into my new pad, I've been getting (for the most part) new furniture and...wait for it...a new car! (cue the Price is Right music in your head and imagine Rod Roddy rambling off the specs of my sexy Ford Fusion as you read this)



I'm so excited to have a fun new set of wheels and thank the 'rents gratuitously for their help. I haven't had my own car since high school (save for random semesters at a time when my sister was abroad and I snagged hers) so it's been a blast for me to be the driver instead of the drivee these past few days. I'm also beyond geeked that it's a 5-speed manual and know that my Daddy had to put in some special requests to fulfill my need for speed. If you need a ride anywhere, anytime in the near future, holla atcha girl ;)

At any rate, the new digs are great and even though progress is coming slowly because Josh and I are on completely different work schedules, it is coming along. On the docket are painting, screwing things into the walls, and a major trip to IKEA. I'm hoping to get the lion's share of the shopping done before Friday when Josh and I leave to camp out of town with some Kentwood buddies. I'm looking forward to a weekend on the lake even though eating pizza for three days in a row while moving hasn't done much for my girlish figure. Is it weird if I sunbathe in a wetsuit?

Happy Hump Day!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home