Sunday, November 23, 2003

Whew! This weekend was once again packed full of fun and void of productivity. Surprise! With Thursday night being my physics exam, Friday being Shadi's 21st, and Saturday being the 100th anniversary of the UM-OSU rivalry, I had plenty to keep me busy. We had a great time celebrating Shadi's birthday at Rick's on Thursday (holla for ladies night!) and at a packed Charlie's on Friday night. Also, yesterday was WILD on campus as UM clenched the Big Ten title from OSU in a 35-21 victory. Hooray! It was great to see everyone so pumped, but being a volunteer on a crisis line makes me really nervous for nights like last night. Seriously...the drunken and violent actions of a few people reflect poorly on everyone here...not to mention I couldn't fall asleep last night until well past 3 am because of the raucous party next door.

So in other news, I'm getting excited for AJ, Sheila, and my little pre-Thanksgiving feast here tomorrow night. We went grocery shopping today and finalized our menu. I'm making green bean casserole, stuffing, cornbread, and cranberry sauce, and probably helping to test a few other dishes to make sure they're juuuuuuust right (wink, wink). I was considering dressing up nicely, but now that I see all of the food that we bought, I'm trying to decide which expandable pants to wear tomorrow! I told my mom that never in your life do you appreciate Thanksgiving like you do once you go away to college. I seriously start dreaming about pumpkin pie and roast beast...mmmmmm.

Anyhow, the Pistons game is on and I should probably be parked on the couch supporting them right now; tonight they're playing New Orleans and this game could be a big win for them. On a completely unrelated note, I'll leave you with the parting wisdom of my future-doctor roommate Sheila: "You should eat beets, Sonya. They're really healthy for you. My mom told me that they help make your blood red and that's good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home