Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Well, I'll be damned...I actually did my reading for my American Novel class tomorrow...not to mention it was Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury! That is not an easy read, let me tell you.

So...it's been almost a week since I really posted last. I guess I'll drop the cliff about what's been going on with me lately (for any of you non-Palit lingo speakers, the "cliff" is short for Cliff's notes, a term my sister and I use to denote the "skinny" or the "goings on;" tell all of your friends) This will probably be a *long* post:

So, last week was pretty relaxing for me. Thursday night I did a little grocery shopping (never let me go to Meijer alone again...I spent so much $) and my daddy surprised me in A-squared and took me out to dinner at the new Zingerman's Roadhouse restaurant. The food was good but overpriced, in typical Zingerman's fashion. Thursday night was also Friend Marathon continued, just like every Thursday. Because Carrie had to study for her exam on Friday, Shadi, Allie and myself all just sat around and talked. It was nice to take it easy with them and do some serious chatting, not to mention having coffee and Breyer's coffee ice cream. I love Thursdays :)

Friday was exciting because after class, AJ and I went shopping for Sheila's birthday gift and ended up finding it right away and then shopping for ourselves...hehe. That night, we had a big quadruple date to the new South Indian restaurant, Madras Masala, that everyone has been RAVING about. AJ, David, Sheila, John, Josh, AJ's friend Hal and his girlfriend Carly, and I all went out and had a great dinner. Afterward, we crossed the street to the new store in Nickel's Arcade called FCB, an acronym for "Frozen Carbonated Beverage." It's a store just opened by 5 college buddies that got together and had an idea to have a huge store full of about 20 slurpee flavors, 15 coffee machine flavors, and numerous smoothies. It's do-it-yourself, and only $1.50 for a cup, in which you can mix and match anything. It's a great idea and a lot of fun, so go check it out and support small business! After dinner and FCB, AJ, David, Josh, and I watched Toy Story, since AJ had never seen it. That was about it for Friday...I probably should have worked on my lab report, but oh well.
Saturday, we wished that MSU had beat OSU, I gave Josh and haircut, and we saw a production of The Merchant of Venice, which was interesting. Later, we all celebrated Sheila's 21st birthday at The Brown Jug where we saw John Navarre and dared her to get his autograph. He's a lot bigger in real life than he looks on TV. Sunday was about time for me to serious about homework (after I baked a cake in the morning for Sheila, which turned out pretty good, if I may say so myself), so I worked hardcore on my formal lab report all day.

Anyways, besides that...things are starting to pick up. From now until the end of the semester, school will be pretty intense. I'm trying to catch up this week and get a leg up on studying for my next physics exam next week. Also next week, I register for winter term Thursday...I'm so excited because I've never had a good registration date before!

In other news, I'm making an early New Year's resolution to get my general health back on track, which means weening myself (slowly!) off of Diet Coke more or less, trying very hard to get more sleep if I can help it, and (dun, dun, duuuuun) running again. I'll definitely need some help to stick with these resolutions, but I know I can do it. Also, I'm excited to be going home this weekend...I haven't been back in a while and I'm looking forward to getting some good food and seeing my doggy...and my family, of course :) Well, that's about it. I'm about to finish up some reading and get a head start on my resolutions by going to bed on time tonight...yay! Payce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home