Monday, November 17, 2003

What a cruddy day. I feel so down right now. Why? I don't know. I'm suspecting it's a combination of a few things: I'm out of Diet Coke, I didn't do as well on my formal lab report as I should have, the weather is a beautiful shade of Michigan gray, and my cell phone is sitting in my bedroom at home in GR. Not that I have cell-phone dependence at all and being sans cellie will probably be good since I'm studying for physics exam #3 this week; however, since we don't have a landline at my apartment, I feel so out of touch with everyone. I hate talking on Instant Messenger and email isn't immediate enough sometimes, so it's a weird feeling. *sigh* I just need to think about the good things right now to cheer myself up: both of my paper deadlines got pushed back until after Thanksgiving...even though I don't WANT to write over vacation, it's better than cramming two mediocre papers in before break; Shadi's 21st birthday and the UM-OSU game are this weekend...if we win, we're going to the Rose Bowl, baby; and finally, we're having Roast Beast again for Thanksgiving!...because my sister and I are vegan and vegetarian respectively, my mom buys this vegetarian roast from the health food store for Thanksgiving in lieu of turkey. It's sooo good and naturally, Tanya and I had to call it something silly. If you caught the "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" reference, here's a little nod in your direction ;)

Anyhow, I had a nice weekend at home. We went out for Cookie Monsters on Friday night, which is this famous dessert in GR. It's a huge, warm, chocolate-chip cookie in a pan with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. Yum. If you're ever on the west side of Michigan, stop by Cheddar's and split one with your pal. The rest of the weekend, we just relaxed, watched some movies, and ate ate ate. I did a *little* physics, but not enough...hehehe.

So, this week looks okay...it's time again for a physics exam on Thursday and I started studying way early, so we'll see how this one goes. I'll have a fun weekend celebrating Shadi's 21st (finally!) and watching UM win on Saturday...kinda like we mercied NWU this past weekend! Okay, time to clean my room, pack some snacks, and hit the library. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home