Monday, December 08, 2003

Well, this weekend was literally nothing but studying...which is good, because I got a lot done and am not feeling too stressed about anything right now. Just wait until Friday morning, though, before my physics final...yikes! Also, I'm getting a cough and sore throat, so I'm trying to ward off any sickness that might present itself in the next few days. I had an orange for breakfast with my tea and am drinking a lot of liquids...sure I had 3 cans of Diet Coke today, but that counts as liquid, right?

Well, instead of listing off all of the things I have to finish and worry about for finals, I thought I'd make a list of why finals hasn't been and isn't going to be *that* stressful this year...I'm trying to be more of a freakin' optimist :) Here we go:

1.) I bought a 24-pack of Diet Coke on special for $6 to get me through finals until next Tuesday. It might sound like a lot to you, but believe me, I'll polish that bad boy off by Sunday, no doubt. (subliminal message: YOU WILL FORGET THIS BAD HABIT OF MINE WHEN YOU COME TO ME FOR DENTAL CARE IN 6 YEARS...).

2.) AJ taught me how to make popcorn in a saucepan on the stove tonight! Seriously, it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen...I have no idea why. You just put a 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a saucepan, put one layer of popcorn kernels in the bottom of the pan, and heat that puppy up. BUT, make sure you hold a plate or a colander over it because I almost lost an eye tonight. It was so funny...for some reason it reminded me of something out of Dr. Seuss. Not to mention that the back of the bag explained the physics behind why popcorn kernels pop, which was so cute. Sure I've mastered microwave popcorn (no, seriously...less than 10 kernels and perfectly popped EVERY time), but I've never done this before, so it was a lot of fun.

3.) The GUSB, acronym for the "Great Union Study Break," this Wednesday from 8-11pm. They'll have free food, comedy, a raffle, sumo wrestling and joust, gingerbread house making, massage, and tons more, so I'm definitely stopping by for a quick study break!

4.) I made one of the best purchases of my life on Friday. Okay, maybe that's pushing it, but sometimes I see these products that I could SWEAR were made just for me. I definitely bought a "Sandwich Saver," made by the WonderBread company, that is this minature tupperware container shaped like a piece of bread (isn't that hilarious?) in which you can carry a sandwich without risking squishing! Yay! I always take a PB&J to the library and it always gets squished by my can of pop and the jelly seeps through the bread, so this is perfect. Okay, not to mention it's shaped like a sandwich, for the love of God! :D

5.) Emily's coming over on Tuesday night to help me supe up my weblog...we'll see about adding in those pics and who knows where it might go from there!

Wow...I could keep going with this list! I'm really excited for a lot of things coming up in the near future so finals doesn't seem as intimidating this year...or it just could be that serious senioritis has kicked in. Either way, I should draft and wrap up my final paper for Caribbean lit, then head to bed early so that I can get a good start on my non-stop physics week. Have a wonderful night and good luck on finals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home