Monday, February 16, 2004

I'm back in effect in Ann Arbor and had a great weekend with my cousin in town from Baltimore. First and foremost, here's a little belated HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! . I've done this post in pink to honor the holiday of looooove, so enjoy :)

It was so nice to get to see my cousin this weekend - she's currently doing her residency at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, so it's rare that she gets a weekend (or any time, for that matter) off to hang out with us. She came in Friday afternoon and we had a great dinner a la Mom. Then as planned per Dork Fest 2004, we saw Lord of the Rings and I was shocked that the show as practically sold out even 2 months after its release! The three of us had to split up in the theatre! It was pretty serious. But we hung out that night and then, after a hearty breakfast, hit the slopes of Bittersweet in Otsego for a day of skiing and snowboarding. My cousin is a snowboarder and Josh actually gave it a shot too. Despite a valiant effort, he switched to skis half-way through the day at the behest of his aching, not-completely-healed-from-ninth-grade broken wrist. We had a great time and I was pleased to be decent on skis after not having gone in a few years. Yesterday, Tanya and my cousin came back to A-squared with me in the early afternoon to hang out a little. Unfortunately, however, I grossly underestimated the work required for the 2 loooooong lab reports I had due today and ended up just having dinner with them and not being able to go out for drinks. They stayed here for the night, but I went to sleep well past 3 and was up by 7 to finish my work this morning. *yawn* Anyhow, it was a fun weekend and I love seeing my cousin, so I'm so glad she came :)

Also, only 4 days left until spring break! I am seriously geeked and after tomorrow, my week sort of denouements and I'm looking forward to doing fun and relaxing pre-trip stuff like burning cds and painting my toe nails. Also, I hope to go out a few times before I leave, so call my cellie if you're not busy. Hell, call even if you are busy and I'll convince you to come out with me :) Anyhow...I really should read for my Contemporary Novel exam tomorrow. I'll chat a little more about the details of my trip later this week. Let me just say that I'll be visiting Graceland for the first time and I'm bringing lots of film (and tissues! I love Elvis!) with me. Oh yeah...I'm going to Mexico, too. Yay! Three cheers for warm weather and *hopefully* practicing my spanish. Have a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home