Monday, February 09, 2004

Sheesh. Still rockin' that wicked writer's block from earlier this weekend, but my deadline at 2:30 tomorrow has given me no choice about putting off this paper any longer. I'm a few lines into my 6th page and the assignment is 6-8 pages, so I'm not in a bad spot, but I've never really had to count pages before. Not to mention content-wise this has to be one of the weakest papers I've written in years and my language is unusally flimsy. *sigh* Oh well. I'm just in a writing funk right now. At least I can still write in my weblog, you lucky dogs, you :)

On a sunnier note, two tid-bits of good news today:

1.) We got our cruise tickets in the mail today! I keep thinking that in exactly 2 weeks from this moment, I'll be on the Gulf of Mexico. Ahhhh. I can't wait!

2.) I *think* I got this research position I interviewed for at the dental school working with oral cancer. This is a HUGE opportunity for me and a great foot-in-the-door for full-time employment during my year off, so I'm stoked. I still have to meet with some other supervisor and work out the details of employment, so I can't say anything definite with confidence, but I'm certainly excited.

Hooray! Well, back to the paper. The plan is to finish the rough draft in the next half hour, finish some miscellaneous reading for my lit classes tomorrow, then wake up early to edit. I don't have class until noon, so that's not really a problem. I just want to get this despicable creation out of my hands soon! Have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home