Saturday, January 31, 2004

Blek. I am really sick. This week kicked off with my throat feeling scratchy and extra dry, but it has definitely blossomed into a full-on upper respiratory assault, which has not been fun. Besides the inherent unpleasantries of feeling sick, my "non-drowsy" medication makes me very, very drowsy, which is a bad thing because I have my first physics exam on Thursday and can't afford to sleep the weekend away! Rar. I'll have to push myself to stay wide awake today and tomorrow. Luckily, my mom and dad are coming into town for a quick visit to baby me and take me out to lunch today :)

Anyhow, the end of the week went pretty smoothly despite the consistent sub-zero temperatures. Thursday night I went to public open skate at Yost with Stephanie and had a really good time. I haven't been skating in a while but ended up doing alright. I took ice skating lessons for a short time when I was little because I was convinced that I wanted to be a professional ice skater when I grew up. It's something I'd definitely like to get better at. I saw Emily there, who is a figure skater, so I kept watching out for her fancy moves on the ice :) Afterwards, I hung out with Stephie and Adina for a little while, but started to feel really sick and went home early. Yesterday, I woke up and thought there was a porcupine in my throat. ALL I did yesterday was lounge around, complain about feeling sick, sleep, and let Wanton take care of me. I tried to do a little physics, but that was pointless. We'll see how today unravels, though.

That's about it for now; nothing too exciting going on. However, my cousin Shoma called and might be coming in to GR from Baltimore for Valentine's Day weekend (a.k.a. President's Day weekend for single folk, she reminded me) to go skiing! She's a snowboarder and wanted to hit the slopes on her rare weekend off, so I think I'll be strapping on my goggles and practicing my slalom in my living room soon so that I don't make a fool of myself in a few weeks. Then, in stark contrast, I'll be on my way to the Gulf of Mexico the following weekend! Que buena! :D Ahhh...I'll leave on that thought. Later skaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home