Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Today I found two gray hairs on Josh's head - an unsurprising discovery, according to him. Apparently, he's had silver hairs ever since he was little, which I believe since he so closely resembles his Uncle Eddie who is completely gray at a relatively young age. Once at his grandma's house, I saw a picture of Uncle Eddie at his wedding in the early seventies and it definitely took me a moment to realize that it wasn't Josh...getting married...in a tweed suit with elbow pads. Weird. Gray hairs = getting older = now I have to enter the real world. :(

Anyhow, today was uneventful except for the fact that I finished my first novel of the semester. That's right, it's been a week of class and I'm already done with one. Oh well, I enjoyed it a lot. Also, I don't have class until noon tomorrow which means I can catch up on my beauty rest. I've felt so drained these past few days and have fallen asleep reading some much today that it'll be nice to get some sleep. Speaking of rest, I'm also trying to figure out what to do for our rapidly-approaching "spring" break. Now, the University doesn't even try to kid itself and officially refers to it as a "mid-winter recess" because that's exactly what it is - it isn't spring ANYWHERE in the western hemisphere from February 21-29. Anyhow, because warm weather is what I seek and it helps to revitalize me and cure me temporarily of my winter blueness, I usually opt for those types of vacations: 75+ degrees and miles of beach. However, due to lack of funds/participation this year, I might just have to live it up in GR this break. Basically, if we can't go anywhere sunny (which is more for therapeutic reasons than vanity), I'd rather save my money for my upcoming dental school application expenses, which I'm estimating to be upward of $3K. Hmph. We'll see - if you're a wolverine and have a cheap and warm-weather vacation in the works or are interested, drop me an email.

Well, I guess that's it for tonight. I'm yawning and my contacts are protesting me against staying up much longer tonight. Sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home