Saturday, December 13, 2003

Well...it's official - I don't stand a chance for dental school. Okay...that's not wholly true, but it sure feels like it.

I don't know why, but for some reason, my personal experience at the University of Michigan has shown me that my success in science classes is not proportional to the amount of work I put into them. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I know that I work very hard and believe that I understand concepts and problems, yet am consistently disappointed with my performance in these classes. Physics and physics lab dominated my semester and I actually sacrificed my three other classes for it...I even was off to a very strong start in September, but in the end, I'm disappointed in myself and discouraged for my future...just like every semester for the past 3 years.

I really wish that I could get back on the horse like other people and have enough confidence in my abilities to shake this off, but this certainly isn't the first time I've felt like this. I almost wish it was an issue of just not studying hard enough and knowing what to do better next time. However, I don't know what to change or improve. *sigh* I'm applying for dental school this coming May and I can honestly say that I won't be the least bit surprised if I don't get any calls back. I know U of M is competitive and I'm not looking for inflated, high school-scale grades, but just for a grade that reflects my hard work. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home