Thursday, December 11, 2003

Yay! It's the last day of classes for the stinkin semester! I can't believe it's finally over because I definitely felt like I'd be studying "the rise of the American novel" for the rest of my life. Whew.

Soooo...guess how I celebrated? Well, first I went to the Grad and worked on some physics (yipee!), then I coerced Josh into buying me a McDonald's sundae (no clue why - I've been craving one for about 3 weeks now...), and THEN I went to the Great Union Study Break with my buddies Stephie and Carrie. There were a lot of cute things to do, even though we stood on the sidelines for most of them since we only had an hour with which to pick and choose our activities wisely. There was gingerbread house making and let me tell you that SOME people do not know how to make a damn gingerbread house. Steph definitely pointed out the shoddy no-pointy-roof one...hello? The pointy roof is the quintessential characteristic of gingerbread architecture! How dare anyone omit that! We also saw the gingerbread Pentagon, which was pretty funny...but I guess low-scoring in the difficulty category (I am such an elitist). Also, we checked out the "inflatables" in the Union ballroom, which consisted of the infamous joust, moonwalk, and sumo wrestlers. Obviously, I almost pee my pants everytime I see the sumo wrestlers...I actually think Carrie and Stephie were on the verge of being embarassed from my laughing so hard. Oh well. At least I didn't pee my pants.
After that, we played 3 rounds of Survival Bingo ("Survival" because the grand prizes were packs of paper towel, toilet paper, dryer sheets, etc. - hey, I'm not complaining). It was fun and Carrie won a round. I never win :(

Finally, we took a Pasadena-bound themed picture of ourselves in front of the M flag and holding tissue paper roses - this was purely a show of UofM pride and loyalty because we had another option of a backdrop which was a menorah and dreidels to celebrate Hanukkah, which was equally enticing. I'm serious. Check us out:


GO BLUE!


All in all, it was a good night, besides the fact that I got lost in a random physics lab at 10:30 looking for my review session...I just haven't had any luck this week. Anyhow, I'm going to look over my notes and hit the hay. The grand plan is to be up by 8 and at the Grad by 9:15 tomorrow morning. Ha. Good night! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home