Wednesday, January 21, 2004

So, it's been about a year and a half since I've posted last - that long weekend threw me off big time. It was relaxing and fun, but as always, I didn't quite get the amount of work done as I would have liked. Oh well.

Thursday night I went to Rick's with Shadi to meet her friends who were visiting from Cali. I didn't feel like being out too much, but I stayed for a little while - her friends are so cute. Friday I had lunch with them at Zingerman's, the well-known pricey deli that had a hand in making Ann Arbor pseudo-famous. After that, I gave myself a pedicure and hung out with Adina and Stephie at night. We made some strawberry daquiries and played Scruples, a board game that pretty much makes you guess your friends' response to tough ethical questions, such as the following: *You feel as though your mechanic has overcharged you on labor, but notice he forgot to charge you for a $16 part. Do you mention his omission?* They joked that my self-righteousness makes me an easy target in this game because they could just pick the most morally sound answer as my predicted response. Hey...I'm not THAT predictable! Anyways, it was fun to see them. Saturday I again wasted the day but at nighttime, my roommates, all of our boyfriends, and my sister and John went to Rick's. I had a blast and got a good dose of dancing out of my system :) Everyone kind of dressed up a little and I think our hot moves on the dance floor were the envy of many that night...seriously though, it's not easy being a dancing machine. Hehe. Sunday I did some work in the morning, grocery shopped in the afternoon, and learned how to play hearts with Josh, AJ, and David at night. For some reason, we got obsessed with wanting to play Clue the board game and tried to convince Sheila to buy it from Meijer, but were unsuccessful. *sigh* I did make some pretty good blueberry muffins, though...maybe that'll be my bribe next time when I want a random Milton Bradley game. Monday I headed home for the night to visit my family and returned this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to go to any of the MLK Day events, but being with my fam was important. Overall, it was a long weekend, which was nice, but I need to be a little more productive this coming weekend.

In other news...I'm bumming out about Spring Break this year. I found an awesome deal on a 5 day cruise to Mexico and Josh and I are both game, but no one has the funds to accompany us. Hell, I barely have them myself, but we all know how sun-starved and desperate I get around this time of year. Anyhow...I hope that the cruise falls into place somehow; at this point, I don't really see too many options, but I've felt the same desperation in past years and something has always fallen into place. Hopefully, this will too - my legs are looking a little too jaundice-y from the lack of sun for my own taste.

Well...I guess that's it. I need to start getting back into my weblog rhythm. Things are starting to pick up this semester and it would be wrong of me to deny you, my adoring fans, the intimate details of the goings on in my life, I know this. I'll try harder in the future. Goodnight :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home