Friday, January 23, 2004

Ahhhh. No Friday class is truly a blessing. I actually got up reasonably early today, however; lately I've been sleeping in past 11 a lot, which I rarely do. Sure, I don't go to bed until 3-ish, but I hate wasting an entire half of the day - I feel so unproductive, so I'm glad I'm up a little early today.

This week was nice because it was extra short due to MLK Day on Monday. Classes weren't bad at all and Carrie came in to town last night to say her last goodbyes for the weekend before she leaves for South Africa next week for 5 months...*sniff, sniff* I can't believe she's leaving already! Shadi and I didn't get to see her that much last night, but she'll be here until Saturday, so I'm sure we'll get some good ol' Friend Marathon-style time in together. Other than that, this weekend brings me a lot of work to do since I accomplished quite literally nothing last weekend. I did finish a novel, but this weekend I definitely need to ratchet up the productivity. I'm talking maybe even a library DAY - I know it's early in the semester to be having these thoughts, but my first physics exam is slowly creeping into my peripheral vision. Blek.

In other news, I've seen a glimmer of hope regarding the cruise. My parents are very much on my side - they know how desperate for sun I get this time of year - and having both of their support as travel liaisons is certainly advantageous. I know my dad can fannagle (how the heck do you spell that?) something or at the very least have some good suggestions. I was actually giving up hope for a while, but I got that annual Sonya-Spring-Break resolve and burst of energy back, so I'm pushing for it a lot now. It would be so nice to lay on a beach in sunny Mexico in 4 weeks. Ahhh...understatement of the year - I hope it happens.

Also tonight, big game for the Pistons against Timberwolves at 8:00 pm. We lost our last game to the Pacers, which ended our 13 game win streak, but we had played 6 games in 8 days and were tired. Not to mention Indiana is really good and Jermaine O'Neal and Reggie Miller are definitely forces to be reckoned with. Winning tonight in Minnesota would be big, so hopefully I can park it on the couch to watch for a while.

Well...I guess that's it for now. I've got some work to get going on and I'll try my best not to leave the apartment. The wind chill is -5 degrees outside today in Ann Arbor. Brrrr! Bundle up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home