Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Okay, I've got to make this quick because I've already wasted a lot of time tonight...yikes!

So, I finally did it - I bought a hat. My ears were simply in PAIN walking to class yesterday, so Josh took me to JCPenney, where I had a random left-over gift card from the holidays, to buy some of those wrap-around-the-back-of-your-head 180 ear muffs. Well...OF COURSE they only had bright red and hunter green left, neither of which match either of my coats, so I decided I'd settle for a fleece headband. Lo and behold, there were none of those left either! I'm not talking just Penney's anymore either, folks; I mean in the mall. I swear I searched every store that could possibly carry hats high and low and found nothing except weird, weird ones. A word to the wise: don't winter weather shop after Thanksgiving. Finally, having worked myself into a fluster and wasted about an hour and a half, I suggested we try Meijer where, if worse came to worst, I could just get one of those lumberjack Carhartt hats. Now, of course I wasn't actually seeing this as a viable option, but worse did indeed come to worst and guess who rocked a black wooly men's hat today? *sigh* Although I was noticably warmer, this experience has only deepened my aversion to winter headgear - I kid you not, I look like a burglar. I swear people were giving me furtive glances and clutching their purses and backpacks a little closer to there person today in anticipation of some criminal activity on my part. Some salesperson at Michigan Book and Supply today, even as I was standing by the door waiting for Wanton, asked me very suspciously if he could help me with something...the nerve! :(

Hat trauma aside, things have been going pretty well. I've had 2 good runs in a row this week and am planning on going strong right into Spring Break...and mabye even after, unlike last year! The CCRB has become markedly busier this week, which I think is directly correlated to the quickly-approaching break. I don't mind, though...having company on the track helps me pace myself and stay motivated watching all of the hard-bodied, dedicated runners in there. Hopefully I'll be one soon, too :) Also, one of my faaaaavorite holidays is coming up soon - VALENTINE'S DAY! I love love and have already noticed an increase in the number of sappy love songs on my playlist. I'm lucky to have a very special Valentine, too. Keep your eyes peeled for some Valentine's Day-themed posts in the near future maybe. *For all of you love haters out there, insert gagging noise HERE*

Well, that's about it. I'll leave you with a final picture from Rick's 2 weeks ago. I SWEAR I'm not there all the time, although one would get that impression from reading my weblog. This is from when Shadi's friends visited:


From left to right: Me, Josh's head, Shadi, Alice, Anna, and Marty in the front

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home