Saturday, March 20, 2004

Kinda of weird series of events today. That project that I was going to do in Detroit today unfortunately got cancelled - there was a fire at the school started on accident by some people re-tarring the roof, so they had to send the kids home. I'm disappointed because I was getting excited *and nervous* for my project and put a lot of time in to preparing for it! I really hope it can get rescheduled on a day that I can attend...otherwise, ALL of my friends will be getting alpana lessons in the next few weeks! :)

So, since I had my afternoon free because of the DP project cancellation, Josh and I went to see a matinee show of "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" - the new Jim Carrey/Kate Winslet movie. I loooooved it. It's been a long time since we've seen a movie that we both enjoyed so much. Especially if you're into movies like Being John Malkovich (Sunshine is produced by Charlie Kaufman, the screenwriter for Malkovich), I highly recommend it. Then...we squeezed in a quick trip to T.J. Maxx's to kill time before dinner with Stephanie's family...man, I forgot how much great stuff that store has! I had to stop myself today from buying shoes and bags that I neither need nor can afford. I walked out successfully empty-handed. Finally, we had dinner with Stephanie and her family in Livonia at Buca di Beppo, an Italian restaurant with a funny-as-hell name. Everything was "family-sized" (and therefore family priced), so we had a LOT of food. I'm still stuffed! It was so fun to see the Schmidts again...it's been a while since I've spent some time chatting with Mrs. Schmidt and Biakabatuka was fun, too. I mean...Buca di Beppo ;)

Finally, Josh and I came back to Ann Arbor, grabbed some coffees, and wandered around Barnes and Noble for a while. I love strolling through the bookstore and looking at all of the Time/LIFE photography books - even though I literally choke up every time I'm in a bookstore looking at pictures of "American Splendor" or the "Life of Elvis in Pictures". I hate being a Palit; it's a double-edged sword of having startlingly good looks but a wicked emotional side as well. *sigh* I'm kidding. Well...I'm feeling not-so-hot tonight. I think my cold is moving toward something more serious and I guess I'll find out in the morning what that is exactly. Sweet dreams, amigos, and if I'm sick tomorrow, bring me some chicken-free noodle soup...or some chocolate. Nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home