Thursday, May 20, 2004

Sheesh. This week just flew by - I can't believe it's Thursday already! I guess my days have been pretty busy and getting out of work late makes week days go in a flash.

Anyhow, yesterday morning I had to attend a medical school employee safety orientation bright and early at 8 am. Woo-hoo. Not that anyone is particularly fond of them, but I simply loathe new employee orientations and training. I only associate them with being bored, tired, and hungry. Luckily, yesterday's provided bagels and coffee and I got to go in late to work for attending it. Basically, we learned about vacation/sick time, protecting patient privacy, and campus safety, and we watched a funny video on laboratory and research safety by OSHAA. Well...I don't think it was necessarily meant to be funny, I just found myself laughing a little at the intense and overacted scene of a chemical spill where some woman spots a barrel leaking on her way to work, frantically calls DPS, who quickly arrive at the scene with sirens on; the officers then call OSEH (also arriving at full speed), members of which proceed to don HazMat suits just to sprinkle some stuff on the spill, all set to some cheesy and dramatic score. Oh well. I guess it's best to err on the side of being overly cautious and in that sense, the video got its point across. And now I really want a HazMat suit.

Since I got to go in to work a little later than usual, I made sure to make good use of my oh-so-precious and not-so-readily-available-anymore business hour time during the day. I ran so many errands and finally got to cross a few lines off of my to-do list, including re-applying for my passport. Hopefully I'm one step closer to that European vacation *wink* Work went by pretty quickly and afterwards I had dinner with Tony at Zingerman's. Although a little chilly, we decided to sit outside and eat. We ended up grabbed some coffees not soon thereafter. It's not quite summertime yet. *sigh*

Tonight the plan is to park it on the couch at 8 pm to watch Game 7 of the Pistons-Nets series...or shall I say witness the Pistons' advance to the Eastern Finals? I'm sure I'll try to study a little after the game, but if it runs into triple OT like last Friday's game, the three letters D, A, and T will have no meaning for me. Hehe. Have a good night and Go PISTONS!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home