Monday, May 17, 2004

This weekend has been non-stop action. From Friday night's adrenaline rush Pistons game to a wedding, boat party, and graduation party all in 24 hours, I've been quite the social butterfly.

First, Josh and I attended his cousin Jeremy's wedding in GR on Saturday afternoon. We stayed in A2 Friday night since I had to work late (and the game was on) and ended up leaving around 8 am Saturday morning. Oy. It was a little chilly for an outdoor wedding since mid-May in Michigan does NOT by an means guarantee dry or warm weather. However, it didn't rain and the park in which it was held was beautiful, so everything went smoothly. I haven't seen his family since the Christmas party, so it was good to see everyone again. After a quick pit stop at Grandma Wojciakowski's, we hit the road for Detroit in order to make it to the VanDyke Bros. Annual Boat Party in time. Getting there was pretty hectic and I realized right around East Lansing that I had forgotten my jacket - not a good thing when the plan is to wear a short and strapless dress on a boat at night in windy, 50-something degree weather. With the short time we had, Josh and I had to make an emergency pit stop at the Novi Kohl's where practically the *only* long-sleeved item of clothing in the entire store was a sweater hoodie that luckily was on sale. I'm glad we picked it up because even though the party was primarily inside, it was still pretty chilly out on the water. Here's a cute pic of Steph and I in front of the boat:



We had a really fun time at the party. There was a DJ, cash bar, and snacks and the crowd was totally pumped to get down. I've never seen a large group of people (aside from my family, of course) so excited to hear and dance to Simon and Garfunkle's "Cecilia." Here's a cute pic of Josh and I out on the dance floor:



Overall it was a great time and I'm so glad Steph invited us :) Since Saturday was such a long day, we called it a night right after the boat docked around midnight and headed back to A2. Today I slept in late and then drove to West Bloomfield for Adina's Graduation open house. For some reason or another, I just *love* open house food (everything has its own little compartment on the veggie tray!) so I was happy to get my fix. It was nice to see Adina and to be able to send her off with a bon voyage before she heads out to the Big Apple next week. Yikes! Remember our days of spanish class and our love for Steven Tyler when you make it big, Adina! :)

After a quick trip to the mall with Josh and Sheila today and treating them to ice cream because I lost a bet, I watched the Pistons hold out in a fantastic game 6...just like I predicted. I can't wait for Thursday.

*sigh* It's been a packed but fun weekend. Now I have a few thank you cards to write and a bed to hit. An early run is on schedule for tomorrow morning, so I have to get my beauty sleep. I hope your weekend was equally interesting and have a great week!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home