Thursday, March 04, 2004

Well, it's Thirsty Thursday and I'm sitting at my apartment writing up a formal lab report on the "Determination of the Charge-to-Mass Ratio (e/m) of the Electron". Boooo :( I wish I was out having fun and being young and carefree. *sigh* Now I'm just getting tired of physics...and BELIEVE me, that's saying a lot considering I recently came out of the closet, if you will, as a desperate lover of physics (keep that one under your hat, though). Hopefully I'll ace my exam on Thursday which will in turn revitalize my love of the science. I won't wait around for that one, though. Hehe.

Anyhow, I'm excited for this weekend which should be a good balance of both having fun and studying. I was hoping that my parents would be able to make it for Othello too since they're both Shakespeare buffs (in an applicable situation, my mother admirably quoted The Merchant of Venice to me in a conversation the other day). However, I think those two socialites have other plans to visit other friends on Saturday (*tear), but they MIGHT still pull through. Also, I officially got that research position that I wanted for after graduation! I still have to sign the paperwork and such, but it'll be my first salary position ever and I'm pretty sure I get my own U of M healthcare coverage! I've done gone and growed up now :) (yeah, right...my parents are still footing my cell phone bill. Not to mention my groceries, haircuts, tuition, the list goes on and on...yikes!) So, that was certainly some good news today.

I guess that's basically it for now. I don't imagine I'll be up too late tonight - I'm just glad I started my lab report at the very least; I can always finish the rest tomorrow. I'll probably do a little reading and then hit the hay. Oh yeah: watch out for a new post called "The Friday Five" in my weblog tomorrow. Emily sent me a link to a website that apparently has 5 fun questions for you to answer in your weblog every Friday aptly named "The Friday Five," so hopefully that will become a little weblog treat at the end of every week if I can remember to do it. Sweet dreams tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home