Thursday, April 08, 2004

Ahhh. Physics exam #3 is OVER. What more do I need to say? I went to bed past 3 this morning, got up a little past 7 and have been studying physics every second since last Friday. I think it went pretty well, which is always a better feeling walking out of an exam than the "why did I even bother studying?" feeling I used to get walking out of Orgo exams. We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

Today the University lecturers were on strike and were urging a campus wide walkout of class. I felt kind of ambivalent toward the strike today - I completely sympathize with their demands for a higher salary, better health coverage, and job security and I hate crossing the picket lines of exploited employees. I truly support the lecturers. However, I couldn't afford to miss a few of my classes today and unfortunately got heckled by the protestors when I was walking in to the MLB for Contemporary Novel. Being anti-confrontational to the point of sickness, my stomach definitely felt queasy before and after the incident in which I tried to briefly explain that I stood in solidarity with their cause but couldn't miss class. *sigh* Oh well...I know it's not personal, but it made me feel bad when they said that I wasn't making "an investment in my future." I hope they reach some sort of negotiation soon.

Tonight I'm just relaxing for a little while, perhaps doing some reading, and then hitting the hay early. Kings vs. Timberwolves is on right now to decide the best of the West...playoffs start next Saturday. Sweet. I'm heading back to G-Rap (Grand Rapids, for those of you not doooowwwn) tomorrow for the weekend. I'm excited because we're going to the Rock and Precious Stones exhibit at Eastbrook Mall. I know - doesn't quite sound exhilarating, but it really is fun and we always used to go Easter weekend when we were little. My mom took us practically every year to Eastbrook (that one rundown mall that everyone has in their town) and for a nominal fee, we were given empty egg cartons which we were allowed to fill with polished rocks and precious stones to our heart's content. We're going for old times' sake :) I'm looking forward to seeing my fam and my pup this weekend...and actually get some good food and laundry done (see previous post from 4/7). Now, it's time to watch basketball and forget all about quantum mechanics. Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home