Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Tuesday evening ponderings

No news yet on those pictures. It's starting to look like a Windows upgrade might be in the near future for my beloved Dell laptop, in which case I might not be posting for a little while.

Oh, who am I kidding? Where there's a will, there's a way.

Speaking of "in the near future," I've been surrounded by a lot of wedding speculation lately. Not only have two of my good friends from high school gotten married this summer, but I'm beginning to sense a little anticipation on the parts of those friends and some family who know me/us. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but my coworkers nearly mauled me the other day when they found out that Josh and I have been together for over 4 1/2 years now with no wedding plans in sight. Is that unusual? Neither of us have any desire to be married right now and we are simply enjoying our wonderful friendship and relationship as-is. Frankly, I don't even know anyone from college that's engaged or considering marriage anytime soon. Not that there's anything wrong with getting married now and I must admit that both of my newly-married friends were utterly in love and ready for marriage and I'm so happy for them. It's just weird to feel so far away from something that everyone else seems to expect is in the near future for me. I guess I just can't see myself being married when just 4 days ago, my parents and my uncle pulled the car over returning from my grandmother's memorial service to get me an emergency scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Oh well. I'm truly looking forward to seeing how our relationship grows over the years, but we're in no big hurry. For now, I'll take the ice cream.

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home