Monday, July 26, 2004

Every other day of the week is fine, yeah.

Two posts in less than 12 hours.  You lucky dogs, you.

Today has been a weird day so far.  Perhaps because it's my first post-DAT weekday.  Or it could just be El Nino. 

I attended a Lab Safety Orientation this morning for work...3 months after I started working in the labs.  Hmmm.   The bottom line is that I am now both terrified of bloodborne pathogens and convinced that I will somehow acquire one on the job.  Also, it can't just be a coincidence that the day Josh has a thermometer accidentally break on his gloveless hand at work is the same day in which I learn about fatal mercury poisoning.  To make matters worse, the woman whose story I heard was even wearing gloves when 2 drops of mercury landed on her and seeped into her skin through the gloves, ultimately leaving her in a coma.  I called poison control.  Everything's okay. 

xoxox
 

1 Comments:

Blogger TKP said...

Wow, it looks like your lab really makes safety a priority. At work, just apply the Palit family rules:
Wear goggles when handling chemicals, shredding paper, getting a drink of water, etc., and make sure to "ABC," Always-Be-Careful. Thanks Dad!

your sis

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home