Friday, July 02, 2004

Again with the list form:

1.) Over the past few weeks, I've developed a new appreciation for dry Oreos (read: without dunking in milk). I've been forced to deviate from the normal means of consumption with regards to everyone's favorite, over-priced sandwich cookie in order to have something sweet in my lunch. Since I am unable to find/bring a glass of milk to work every day, I have to eat the cookies plain. Not too bad.

2.) I like my new lab in the dental school. Not only have I learned ELISA's, Gel Electrophoresis, and Western Blotting, I'm also perfecting my latex glove-shooting skills. Let me tell you, they're all just a bunch of monkeys over there. When my supervisor is in her office or gone for the afternoon, all hell breaks loose. A 50 mL bucket stacked on top of the micropipet tip boxes becomes the target at which everyone aims their gloves. There is some serious technique involved and those gloves can hurt if you get hit with them. Sheesh. Naturally, I initially frowned upon this activity and was too scared of getting in trouble to try, but a little peer pressure can work miracles. I think next week someone is going to dip a tennis ball in liquid nitrogen and then drop it to watch it shatter. I guess all important scientific discoveries result from curiosity.

3.) Fourth of July weekend: a time for cook-outs, sun-bathing, swimming, and other summertime fun. Too bad I'll be studying the entire time :( However, I'm hoping to catch the Ann Arbor parade early Sunday morning and *maybe* some low-key fireworks later. We'll see.

4.) It has been brought to my attention that only registered Blogger users can comment on my weblog. I have now remedied that situation and expect many, many more comments from all of you.

5.) Carrie Calcutt "phoned" me yesterday from Traverse City. Hooray for Carrie being back in the States! Even though it was kind of noisy in the background, it was nice to hear her voice after 5 months. I hope we can get together soon! :)

6.) I went to bed with some serious heartburn last night but decided to ignore it because I was too tired and didn't have any medicine. No kidding, my "heartburn" turned into severe pain actually in my heart coupled with cramps in my left arm and leg. Now, heart burn has always felt like a general discomfort around the top of the sternum for me but last night felt like someone had punched me over my heart. Not to mention that for hypochondriacs like myself, chest pain + cramped limbs = heart attack. What?! I'm 21 and in good shape. I was in so much pain that I went to CVS at 3 am to buy Zantac. The contingency plan was to go to the ER in the event that the antacid made no difference. Luckily, the Zantac helped a *little* and I was able to get some sleep, even though my heart still hurts a tiny bit today. Scary. And weird.

That's it for now. Here's hoping for a productive and relaxing weekend. Happy Friday :)

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home